A Great Move Idea: The “Open First” Box
You’ll have enough loose ends to tie up before you move to your beautiful new home in Kansas or Missouri, but make sure you prepare an “open first” box so you can access everything you need the first night in your new home.
As for what should go in this “open first” box, here’s some great ideas:
- important documents
- medications and first aid kit
- essential clothing for a couple days for all family members
- hygiene kit that includes everyone’s tooth and hair brushes, toothpaste, deodorant, cosmetics, lotions, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, razors, shaving cream, and makeup
- snacks, games, and toys for the kids
- sheets, blankets, and pillows
- towels, shower curtain, and a bath mat
- toilet paper, paper towels, foil, plastic wrap, and scissors, trash bags, screwdrivers, hammer, flashlight
- plastic or disposable cups, dishes, and utensils
- basic cutlery, frying pan, and cooking pot
- kitchen towels, sponge, and dish soap
- coffee maker, filters, mugs, coffee or tea, small packets of sugar or sweetener
- toys, bowls, food, and litter box/potty pads for any pets
You may need to pack these items in more than one box. Make sure you label the boxes clearly so they are easy to spot when your Gerber movers deliver your goods.
In case you don’t arrive in your new home the first night, separate some of these “open first” box items into an overnight bag. Enjoy the rest of the process as you embrace new beginnings.
Gerber Moving and Storage is committed to making sure your move goes as smoothly as possible. If you have more questions or want to book your move today, head to our website http://www.gerbermoving.com/ or give us a call at 800-972-3102. We will set you up with a personal move coordinator so your move is organized and a great success.