The Promise of Spring
Spring is coming soon!
We’ve already had a few really nice “spring” days even though it’s still technically winter! Hopefully some of you got a head start on outdoor maintenance. Next time we have unseasonably warm weather and you’re itching to get some things done ahead of time, here are some ideas:
- Take advantage of a warm day by raking all the old leaves out of your flower beds.
- Have all garden tools sharpened and oiled, including mower blades.
- Start looking for landscaping supplies to hit the hardware and big box stores.
- Make sure your house gutters are thoroughly cleaned out before spring rains commence.
- Trim back and/or get rid of any old, dead vines, branches or other foliage, to allow for new growth to come in.
- If you already have flowers coming in, be sure to keep track of freezing weather and take precautions to protect them.
- Take care of repairs on outbuildings.
- Planning the vegetable garden and purchasing seeds.
- Clean lawn furniture and the children’s play sets.
- Fix and paint window boxes.
- And, most importantly, don’t forget to go the park and play!